Why settle for ordinary? Use this simple and quick tactic that works on any ham, be it spiral, canned, or bone-in to intensify flavor, add moisture, and presence to any ham.
Whole cloves (around 30)
(2) 8 ounce cans sliced pineapple
- Open your cans of pineapple and reserve syrup. Arrange the pineapple over the ham somewhat evenly and secure them with toothpicks (leave them poking out so you can easily remove them).
- Poke the whole cloves into the ham even intervals (resist the temptation to over think this - no one will notice in the end).
- Bake ham per your package instructions.
- Make your glaze subsisting reserved pineapple syrup for liquid, add glaze and finish baking.