...Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!...
Count Your Blessings | Johnson Oatman, Jr.
- The Fellowship of the Mystery - That's what Pastor David Guzik calls God's intervention in our lives to change us; yes, it is a great mystery, and I am most thankful for this!
- I find it almost miraculous to have found contentment in my marriage of over ten years. My brilliant, loving, geeky, helpful, husband, The Professor, who values and cares for me. He takes care of me and even cleans out the house gutters! He also comes from a wonderful caring family that have embraced me as a member.
- My children - I was/am blessed to have been able to give birth to three wonderful people that I love, and love me in return. You see, there were times I wondered if I would ever have children, and I am so grateful I was blessed with them.
- My grandchildren - wonderful to see little ones growing up, and to be part of their lives.
- My extended family - as I grow older I see more clearly how remarkable they are, and were.
- My church - a place to know and be known and hear God's word.
- A home with room for my Dad and a yard filled with my favorite plants. A storage building that is just the right size. A house panted a color that I like. A neighborhood with many nice and safe places to walk.
- Visiting birds that entertain in the garden.
- Appliances to make life easier, a good dishwasher, a microwave that heats food in moments, older Maytag washer and dryer that are reliable and easy to fix, ceiling fans that work, and a knife sharpener that keeps my knives sharp.
- Sewing machines that work well and are easy to work with.
- Nice reading lights, ceiling light, and task lights.
- Some lovely art work that reminds me of people and places that I care about.
- A reliable and comfortable car.
- Many of you know I have a learning disability. I am a certified terrible speller. I am grateful for my computer that helps to mitigated my issues, and grateful for help in keeping it working.
- Dad's and our dog, Spot, my Editorial and Procurement Assistant, and good companion.
- Proximity to an excellent local library
- Adult diapers for those that need them.
|THOU that hast given so much to me,|
|Give one thing more,—a grateful heart...|
|By George Herbert|
The Jam Scientist